7.11.2010

Jay-Z and Freemasonry

In the news:
Jay-Z has dismissed speculation that he is part of the secret society of Freemasons.
According to All Hip Hop, the rap superstar, whose video 'On To The Next One' was subject to internet speculation that it showed Satanic symbolism, has blasted claims that he has ever belonged to the fraternal organisation on the new song 'Free Mason’.
On the track, Jay-Z reportedly raps: "I said I was amazing/ Not that I'm a Mason/ I'm on my third six, but a devil I'm not."
Jay-Z has been for a long time associated with the Freemasons. Some of the tokens and gests the Hip Hop star uses in its videoclips denote an associated symbolism that has resemblances with the masonic symbolism. It is not because he denies to be a mason that we may conclude that he is not. If he is, is its personal right to assume it or not. How may public figures are freemasons without nobody suspect they are?